Friday, April 13, 2012

Scrapbooks, Vaccines, and Mexican Food

This morning Vera and I slept in until 8:30!  She slept 11 hours last night!  She is doing very well with her sleeping and eating schedule and is letting her Daddy and me get some sleep (when I'm not experiencing insomnia).  So we got up and I fed her and we were off to Grandma and Grandpa Morris's house!  We picked up a scrapbook I'm making (which I've never done before...) and we were off to Aunt Nancy's to learn how to do the whole scrapbook thing.  I need LOTS of help since I don't consider myself an extremely creative person when it comes to things like this.  If you give me an example I can copy, I do great!  I can make little changes and add my own touch.  But if you give me a bunch of supplies and say, "Ready, GO!"  I can't do much with it.  So that's where my amazingly creative mother-in-law and Aunt Nancy come in!  I got a pretty good start on the scrapbook this morning with Aunt Nancy.  We chose background papers and found lots of embellishments and ribbons to add to the pages.  That's about all the time we had this morning for scrapbooking!  Then it was off to Vera's pediatrician!


Vera is 11 lbs 5 oz and 23 1/4" long!  She has gained 2 lbs 11 oz, and 2 1/4 inches since birth.  Not bad!!!  She has some cute little rolls, lots of hair, and is wearing her 3 month clothes already!  The pediatrician and her nurse just LOVE Vera!  They think she is about the cutest baby ever!  (And I'm sure they don't just say that to ALL their patients... lol!)  Today was Vera's first set of vaccines.  It was horrible for me to have to try and distract her and talk to her while they gave her 3 shots in her little legs!  She was crying so hard!  It was very a very difficult moment... BUT we both lived through it. (sigh)


After the doctor visit, we went to lunch with my mother.  We ate at Chuy's!  It was super good.  I'm supposed to be avoiding spicy because of the whole breast feeding thing, but I couldn't turn down some Hatch green chili enchiladas and that jalapeño sauce!!!  YUM!  It was a nice little chat time and an amazing pig out time!  


After the Mexican food, I spent much of the time attempting to make this scrapbook cute again.  I have been beaten by this thing... I have no clue.  Vera is very unhappy with the aftermath of her vaccines.  She is not feeling well and making sure we know that by screaming her head off!  We gave her some Tylenol to help with her aches and she took a long bath.  She loves her bath time and kicked her little feet in the water and I even got some smiles out of her!  She finally went to sleep around 8:30.  My poor little lovey!  Since she went to bed I have been ignoring all the things I SHOULD be doing (like finishing everything I started for my best friend's baby shower, studying for my ESL certification test, and cleaning my house!) and started playing with my blog.  I want it to be cute and I want people to actually read it!  I guess that means I have to update it though huh?  So, here I am.  I will figure out how to make it took good, and I will try to start updating more often.  I guess as long as I'm unable to sleep at night you all will have things to read about if you want to!


On a very serious, exciting, scary, short note... I had a job interview yesterday at my favorite elementary school!  I'm very excited and I think the interview went very well.  I can't think of a reason they wouldn't hire me.  But now I'm playing the waiting game for that call back.  I'm not sure when the stress is more severe; before the interview, or after?  I think after.  That is probably a HUGE factor in my sleeplessness.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.